Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Jan. 27, 2014

Hey cool pictures!!
I liked that you sent those pics to us! I always kinda wondered what my plaque looked like haha :) And Bruce looks like he is getting pretty tall and good at wrestling! Still not quite as tall as me yet, but close :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!! Man you guys had better make dad's birthday super awesome!! Make sure he has a great day! I'll be sending out your card today dad :)
So this week went pretty well. To answer your question, yes I do get along with my companion very well. Elder Petersen and I are a very unified companionship. Maybe the most unified comp i have had yet haha we can finish each other's sentences! It's a blast. our area is so freaking huge and has a ton of huge hills haha so that has been interesting. Well i want you to know that the Lord saved our butts this week. So I was riding my bike on friday morning when my custom integrated derailer on my bike (the most expensive and necessary part) randomly snapped in half. We took it to the cheapest bike shop around and they said that it would be at least around 150$ to fix, so i decided to borrow an old bike from a member. Well a couple hours goes by and the rusty chain on that bike snaps. ouch. There's another at least 30 or 40 bucks. Well as i pled to the lord for help, a wealthy member of the church finds us. Asks what happened to my bikes, and how much it would cost. i told him it would be at least around 200 bucks for the fixes, but that i would feel awful to let him help. Nonsense! he says haha. For that cheap I would have to help. He threw my bikes in the back of his pick up truck, and took us to the bike shop. And just for good measure he bought me a new head light and tail light because our area doesn't have many street lamps at night. I am so grateful to the lord for looking out for me! I love you and hope you all have a really great week!
Love, Elder Bailey Brimhall :)

No comments:

Post a Comment