Monday, October 22, 2012

Oct. 22, 2012

Hello Brimhall Fam!!
Yes tell grandma and grandpa and nana and papa that I'm so grateful for the things they sent me! I had literally no time last week for anything because of transfers, so that's why I didn't write them back! I should be sending out letters to them next monday! I wish I could send pictures, but our zone got split and the library that I have to go to now has no place in the computers to plug in my memory card! Lame! Unfortunately we aren't allowed to use weights here in the Washington Seattle mission, so congrats bruce, you will be way stronger than me when I get back! haha. So because of lots of new sister missionaries, our car got temporarily taken, so I have been on a bike all week! Just in time for like a hundred rain storms haha so much rain came this last week! On top of that, my area is one of the largest in the mission, plus it's all huge hills, so i'm either dying going 2 mph uphill, or i'm having tons of fun going 30 mph downhill!! haha yeah i'm super exhausted and my legs have never hurt so much! It's okay though, we should be getting another car in a week or two. haha oh well, Sacrifice precedes miracles and that statement has truly proved itself this last week. At the beginning of the week we had one person on date for baptism in november, but currently we have nine! So many wonderful things are happening here in the Lakota Creek ward! I love it so much in this ward, I wanna stay here my whole mission! You heard from the Gleeds huh? Awesome! Such a great family! Bishop Gleed is a seriously inspired man. One of our investigators named Brother Joe, has been looking for a job for several months. He met with Bishop Gleed the other day, and bishop said" hey brother joe, this week you will find a job, i know it, but that doesn't mean you stop coming to church. Keep your faith strong!" Like two days later Brother Joe got hired. So cool! The work here has been truly incredible!! Elder Clark and I get along just fine! Not quite as well as Elder Lindeman and I got along haha, but I like Elder Clark too, he's a great guy.
The basement thing sounds like fun!! But just for food storage? I was hoping you would say it's gonna be like a recording studio or something haha! Just kidding, food storage is a good idea... :) I miss you guys a lot! I wish I could call you lots haha but oh well, I see now why we can't. Dad I have a question from an investigator. Dwayne has a son who is 17 and doesn't believe in God. Dwayne is really trying to be a good dad, but his son Triston is kind of a rebel. Dwayne wants to talk to Triston about our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, but isn't sure how. He's afraid that he might get a bad reaction. Dwayne really wants to know what the best way is to talk to a young kid of this generation about something that happened 2000 years ago? I'm not a parent, so a little help on this one would be nice. Thanks! Haha I spent some money from my account today on a basketball because our complex just barely got new courts! Yes I do still live in the Forest Cove Apartments where I was before! Super cool, we got sister missionaries to share our ward with us now! haha yay we aren't alone anymore! haha! Yes I got your box!! Thank you soooooooo much!! I loved it!! I know I said no jeans, but I'm really glad you sent them cause they fit great! Even with the slim fit legs!! Lost some weight!! Yeah I loved the box thanks so much! Hey!!!!!! You 5 that are home!! I have almost nothing that I can do for mom's birthday so I'm counting on ya'll to do something for her k??????? Good. If you guys could pray for this list of names that would be so awesome: Dwayne Lahnella, Diane Hankins, Asia Calep, Joseph Joe, Pamelah Tuuga, Jessica Neilson, and the Osorio kids namely Junior, Lacey, and Jocelyn. Thanks so much!! They really need your prayers!! I love you all so so much! Off we go to build Zion!!! Love you!!!
Love, Elder Brimhall :)
P.S. Kick grant's butt since I only hear from him like once every third week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment