Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Letter from MTC!

Aug. 22, 2012

Hey Family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Got my email thing all worked out the other day!! What's up?? How are things going back at home?? I feel like i haven't been home in like a month already haha!! It's weird actually because up until your first sunday, every day feels like a week to all the new missionaries, but once you get past sunday every day flies!! How's home?? I just want to know about everything that's gone on since i've been gone!! How's work going Mom and Dad?? How's Trey's hand doing?? How are Grant and Allie doing with life and work and stuff? What about Bryce and Sissy? Anything new going on in their lives?? Oh well I'll know when you guys write to me! I have missed you guys all so so somuch!!! Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much for that awesome package you sent me!! I was having a rough day kind of just with some of the things i was studying and the switch in pace, but when I got that package it made my day sooooo much better!!! Thank you for the dear elder letters you wrote to me!!! Haha the zoo sounded like it was fun!! Hey also thank you for including tiff in the family activities you've been doing!! It definitely helps to calm my nerves to know that she is spending time with you guys! You have no idea how much you can learn with this level of the spirit and a constant study and service for like fourteen hours a day!! It is sooo amazing here, I am really having a great time!! So yesterday Elder Neil L. Anderson from the Quorum of the twelve came last night for an awesome devotional!! Great spirit there!! But before that a few days ago, I watched a previously recorded video of Elder Bednar giving a devotional at the MTC and that was the best talk I have ever heard in my life by far!!! Look it up seriously. Its called "recognizing the spirit." It's like 45 minutes long and i know thats a lot of your time to ask for, but I promise you that if you can find it and watch it with an attitude of learning, that you will know without a doubt the reason why i'm here, and the power by which i'm training to teach. My purpose as a missionary is to invite other's to come unto Christ by helping them recieve the restored gospel through: Faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, recieving the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end. You wouldn't believe how much I've learned in just a week about bringing the Spirit into others lives and helping them to use Him to their advantage!!! It's incredible how much power and effect that Holy spirit can have. My conversion to this gospel has increased exponentially due to the healing power and the learning power of the Spirit!! I love this gospel and I am so excited to share that love with the people in seattle. I know you all have amazing testimonies too!! Keep it up!! I pray for you all individually every night!! I love you guys soooooo much you are such an amazing family and I'm excited to come back to you guys when my time as a full time missionary has ended!!! So I'm just sitting here doing my Laundry right now. Today is P-day and after this I think I'll go play some ball. I have and awesome companion and such an amazing district!! They're one of my favorite groups of guys i have ever been around. I don't have time to write Grant on email cause my computer time has a set time and it's almost up, but have him read this!! Tell him i love him too!! I love you all so so much!!! Stay with the Lord, never put yourself in situations where the spirit can't reside, because he will be one of your biggest allies in this life!!! You are all so amazing!! I love you all so much and I can't wait to hear from you when i get on next week!! I love you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!
Love your missionary who misses you so much, Elder Bailey Bryce Brimhall :) :)

A short time later, we got this. . .

Hey!! So apparently i had more time than i thought i did!! Which is really great because i feel like I wasn't able to type that much in the last letter!! But anyways, I just wanted to tell you all that I'm thinking about you all the time! not in a distracting negative sort of way, but just in the type of way that means I miss being around you all. So my schedule is super duper crazy!! I am always always doing something unless it's on p-day. I have three hour classes usually twice a day, sometimes just once if there's something big going on that day like a devotional or something. I have several personal and companionship doctrinal study times per day that are usually like a half hour to and hour long. 45 minutes each for breakfast, which is at 7, lunch which is at 11:45, and dinner which is at 4:45! Plus there's practice people who used to be non-members and now are members, but they pretend to be themselves and I have a teaching appointment with each of them twice per week. I have and hour and twenty minutes for gym and showering, so like usually i use like 50 minutes working out, or playing basketball ar something like that and then i have a half hour to get showered and ready and be back to class!! So... yeah it's definitely a change in pace for anybody. Super hectic!! Haha it's amazing how much you pray as a missionary, I love it!!! Before my mission all together with family prayer and personal prayers and stuff I was used to saying probably around 4, maybe 5, prayers per day. Now I'm proudly used to saying between 14 and 19 prayers per day!!! Crazy eh? It's so awesome though i love it!!! I have been able to learn at an incredibly fast rate this last week. I know I've said that already, but it is still just blowing my mind! I spent a few hours in the temple this morning doing an endowment session with my district, so that was fun! I think the two most important things that I've learned about keeping a close relationship with the Lord, is first of all, Loving the people around you. And I don't mean the ones who play a role in your life, i'm talking about those people who you don't know, the ones ho might need pelp in their life and nobody even know it!! Loving others, and having kind thoughts towards them plays a tremendous role in being able to see the world from the Lord's point of view. Secondly, like i said earlier, the spirit being with is so rediculously crucial!! I love the Spirit so so soooooo much!!! He has already help me when i'm in a tight spot so many times!!!! He is an amazing friend to have whenever you need. I have never actually known the magnitude that the have the gift of the Holy Ghost really has when a part of you is in spiritual jeopardy. Well I just want to say that i love you all so so much!! Thank you for all the prayers on my behalf!! I feel them every day when I am so exhausted that i can't go on one minute, and then the next minute I'm working like i have all the energy in the world!! It's a huge blessing in my life!!! I love you all so much!! Have an awesome week!! See you next week!! Love you!!
Love, Elder BBB

No comments:

Post a Comment