Monday, August 19, 2013

August 19, 2013


(Elder Brimhall baptizing Elaina, and her mom Genel)


 

Nacho?....How's it going?.. haha I have been thinking about nacho a lot this week. What's up Family????? HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SHERRRRIDAAAAAAAANNNN!!!! Hope you have a fantabulous birthday sis! You guys better make her birthday awesome! She's turning 9 already! Doesn't it seem like just last week I was emailing her for her 8th b-day while I was still in the MTC?? Crazy. Well dish, i sent you a card in the mail, so you should get that by like thursday or so. So sorry I bought myself a gift on Hump Day (year mark day). I got a sick flat brim jordan hat. I'll send you pictures. It was only ten bucks so I couldn't pass that one up haha. Olga is doing well! She and her two kids came to church this week and I think they enjoyed it, I didn't really get a chance to talk to her about it yet haha so we'll see. That's so cool that bruce is starting seminary! I feel so old haha. I'm not gonna lie, this week was a pretty freaking draining week. Especially emotionally. There were a lot of inward things and outward things that happened personally and with the work. But I can honestly say that I learned more about the Lord, this work, and myself in this last week than I have in any other week of my life!! I am so incredibly grateful for a loving Father in Heaven who never stops teaching me and ever stands by me as I teach. Following the promptings of the spirit has been absolutely paramount in almost everything that I have done this week. Okay here is one example: When we were preparing a lesson plan for Olga's lesson on saturday, the word of wisdom randomly came to my mind. My companion and I both thought that was ridiculous and that there was no reason for that right now, and that she didn't need that. But I decided to remain confident that despite my own views, I would follow what I thought was direction from on high. So we prepared a small lesson on the word of wisdom. When we got to Olga's house, she had been reading about fasting and how it helps you spiritually, and wanted to know more about what God wants for us Physically. What can she do to be more healthy spiritually and physically at the same time? At that point we didn't even need to follow the lesson plan, the words just came. Random scriptures that related came to mind, powerful and firm testimony was born, and Olga committed to live the Word of Wisdom. Because we planned by the spirit, it became easy to teach by the spirit. And that is only one example of what has happened over and over and over throughout that past few days. I love the Lord and His gospel, his teachings, and his example of righteousness and love. I am so proud and so grateful to be his servant and mouthpiece here in the Washington Seattle Mission. I love you all so much and hope you are all doing well!! Speaking of which, please tell trey man to check his email, I sent him a short email that he must reply to. Hope ya'll have a great week! Love you!!!
 
 Seattle night life!
 
 Bailey and Elder Vestal
 
 Okay...He did NOT learn this from his mother!!
 
 Elder Brimhall's new bike...the white one!
 
He bought himself a hat & sweatshirt for hump day!!

haha...look at Elder Vestal in the background :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment